Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wife.

"I love my wife"………all the time I want to be with her. She is lovely, responsible and fiercely independent. She roams with her friends, sees movies with them, hops to her moms’ place …………….all alone.
Sometimes when I look back, I feel I should have married much much before. I was simply whiling away time in Mumbai. One recent incident makes me roar in laughter, I was to land at my in-laws place for a party and my wife called from there to check where I was. As all my close friends, she calls me "jeevs". On the cell she was like "jeevs, jeevs….where are you? When are you reaching here?" one of the relatives on the older side overheard this and said to her, "Pati ko nam se bulata hai..woh bhi short form, how atrocious!!".When my wife said this to me I said, "ya ofcourse….u shud call me Pati dev or Pati parmeshwar". She was like "ya ya…I’ll call u with the names I used to call earlier".
Best is that she trusts me and knows me in and out, when I am out with my friends, quite a few of them girls on late nights booze and party sessions……she says she knows I won’t do any wrong stuff and will be back safe and sound.

I sometimes wonder do we realize the sacrifice a girl makes when she leaves her parents, siblings, friends, gallis, her entire world and comes into a new environment in the new role of a wife. Everyone around is new and worse keeps judging each and every occasion. In the new environment, the first and comforting link to everyone is the hubby and he should indeed take care of her to make her comfortable, secure and loved. Most of the time I tell her u do what u want to do, why u think so much before doing. But she tells, "jeevan u do not understand…we need to take care of a lot of things". Well really I do not understand and she much more clear headed and mature than me and handles herself expertly.
Am fortunate to have someone who genuinely likes to spend time with my relatives and folks. They all now adore and like her. In fact, the tiny tots and kids in my family, when they come over……tell me "you pls go out, we want to play games with Shobaatta"( atta is aunty in Telugu) and push me out of my home. My mom and she have gelled so much, they sit and gossip, go movies, shopping etc. Sometimes when I reach home after office, my dad will say ur wife and my wife are hanging out. We need to serve ourselves. In fact, it seems on my night outs they also bet when will I be back at 2am, 3am or after 5.
She tells me "jeevs, I’ll not nag you to leave ur booze and ciggies. u knw thy are bad. One day u’ll realize and leave them yourself..…am waiting for tat day".I too want to give them up, but somehow I see they are my close friends and not vices. They have been with me in thick and thin of times, never abandoned me. But one day I’ll give them up…am also waiting for tat day.

I hope each and every day am able to give all my love and keep her happy each and every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment